These events have taken place for 2023, but please join us next year.
Day 3. Saturday, February 18, Pleasant St. / 5th Ave.
507 NW 5th Ave
- 2:00 Live Painting with Porter’s Folk Artist Alyne Harris
- Location: 822 N.W 5th Street – what once was Sarah’s Place! Ms. Sarah McKnight’s restaurant.
- 2:00-2:05 Welcome Speaker @ SFC Festival Field
- Community Input Board + Festival Artist Installations from Spatially-Fed, Thriving Cities, and the Community Foundation of North Central Florida
Book signings from local authors! Do you know your neighborhood writers?
O2B Kids! Bounce House and Face Painting
- Stephanie’s Quick Bites – pickled eggs, hamburgers, and chips – come and get it!
- Collaborative exhibition at Old Mount Carmel: “Prayers by Faith Ministries x UF Historic Preservation Program”
- Explore historic images of the civil rights movement in Gainesville
- Open House Gallery + tours of SFC Blount Hall’s latest art exhibition on Ms. Alyne Harris
- Sign up and packet pick up for Sunday’s FREE Fun Run/Walk, which takes you through three of the northern neighborhoods on the Sweetwater Loop Festival Route – including Pleasant Street!
- 2:05-3:30 Entertainment at the Festival Field Performance Stage
Poetry reading by Terri Bailey + BLAAC 2 Basics
Star Center Theater
R&B with Lanard Perry
- 3:00 First Neighborhood Tour Begins; 4:00 Second Neighborhood Tour Begins
- William’s Temple
- Heritage Trail (click here for more info)
- 5:30 MIT Guest Speaker Garnette Cadogan on Urbanism (at Old Mount Carmel)
- 6:15 “Sarah’s Place” + Neighborhood Talkback (at Old Mount Carmel)
- 7:30-8 Closing