These events have taken place for 2023, but please join us next year.
Day 2. Friday, February 17, Artist Exhibition in the Power District
636 SE 5th Ave
- 4:00 Welcome!
- Opening DJ Set
- Germains Chicken, Radha’s Kitchen, Rastafarice, DominiSoul Empanadas
- Live Chalk Art and Collaboration Stations in the street
- Durational Characters and Installation Art ~ come see for yourself!
- Market Vendors and Artists Showcasing work include: Sheena Lewis & Shaded Nation, Flores de Miel Botanical Art & Jewelry, Living Display Plushies, Delilah Stokes Art/Jewlery/Flowers, Goldie Moretti Original Art/Prints/Stickers, Sweet Scented Goodness Soy Wax Candles, Second Hand Ingenuity
- Tabling Organizations include: Mindful Messages, Weatherization Coalition, Keepers of the Springs, SPARC352
- 5:30 Visioning with Spatially-Fed ; Q+A with Loop Festival Artists
- Learn about their ideas for how a greenway loop could benefit downtown, and check out our community input board!
- 6:25 Poetry Reading from Terri Bailey & BLAAC 2 Basics
- 6:35 Danscompany of Gainesville Duet with Matt McEwen and Haven Copeland
- 6:45 Krystin Blaire Black History Cultural Song and Performance
- 6:55 Whitney Wilson Dance and Character Performance
- 7:05 Essence Thomas “Until It’s One Of Us” Spoken Word and Freestyle Movement Thesis Research on Racial Injustice
- 7:15 Tessa Tru DJ Set at her one of a kind installation art booth!
- 8:00 “Sarah’s Place” screening and rail history with Phoebe Cade Miles – check in at the GRU Mural Walls Info Booth for your free entry and drink ticket to the Cade Museum After Dark (21+). Enjoy the 11 minute stroll throughout the Power District and imagine what YOU might like to see here in the future.
- 9:30 MADWOMAN at the GRU Mural Walls Performance Stage
- Dance the night away during DJ Sets from DAY/DEM and JORDIE until 11pm