These events have taken place for 2023, but please join us next year.
Day 1. Thursday, February 16, Springhill
Celebration Kick Off at the Cotton Club Museum
837 SE 7th Ave, Gainesville, FL 32601
- 4-5 Kick-Off
Visit Heartwood Farmer’s Market and South Main Station to check in at Sarah’s Greenway Festival information booth. Grab a free market tote bag and festival map, and try the walk on down to CCMCC!
- Bounce House
- Line Dancers
- Music (playlist of blues and jazz)
- Tour of Museum including new display of 3 Springhill Neighbors
- 4:30 Video Interviews with Springhill Neighbors + Samuel Proctor Oral History Program (ongoing, meet and hear from neighbors who will be recording their stories throughout the evening)
- Panel, Neighbors and former neighbors talk about what it’s meant grow up on Springhill.
- 5:00 Gospel Music
- Mt. Olive A. M. E. Church
- Lanard Perry
- 6:00 Dinner served
- 6:30 Locally produced documentary “Sarah’s Place” on Ms. Sarah McKnight
- 7:15 Introduction of Speaker
- 7:20 Speaker, Dr. Gloria McKnight Swopes, Daughter of Mrs. Sarah McKnight
- 7:50 Q & A
- 8:15 Did you know? Historical Facts about Springhill and Heartwood!
- 8:20 Neighborhood Plans, (Monica Frazier)
- Cotton Club Museum Plans (Vivian Filer)